[ASC-list] SA - Nat Sci Week - Would you like gene tech with that?

Jason Major jmajor at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jul 26 01:08:23 UTC 2010

National Science Week presents
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME GENE TECHNOLOGY WITH THAT?

HOSTED BY IAN HENSCHKE (ABCTV’S STATELINE SA)
6:00PM FOR SEATING AT 6.15PM.

Coffee, tea and nibbles from 8pm.

Venue: Science Exchange Building
55 Exchange Place, Adelaide

We need to find a way to feed an extra 3 - 4 billion people by 2050.
We need to do this in the face of diminishing supplies of water, fertiliser and fuel. Can gene technologies play a role? WOULD YOU LIKE SOME GENE TECHNOLOGY WITH THAT? is a National Science Week event that gives the public the opportunity to explore the potential use and acceptability of gene technologies in crop development, especially those that produce genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

With an expert panel, participate in a discussion on this topic. Give feedback, vote and have a say in the direction these technologies could take to ensure a secure food supply.

Free entry. Numbers are limited. Registration essential. For more information and to register your attendance visit: www.genetechmenu.com or call 1800 631 276.

Event hosted by
Australian Centre for Plant Fucntional Genomics, University of Adelaide
TechNyou, University of Melbourne

Jason Major
Manager
TechNyou