[ASC-list] Documentary Film Producer Seeks Science Concept Extraordinaire!

longneck at cyllene.uwa.edu.au longneck at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 18:43:12 UTC 2010

Please respond directly to Greg.

One of Australia's leading independent documentary production
companies, Electric Pictures, is seeking expressions of interest (and
evidence of ability) from science communicators with the potential to
join the company's development team.  In recent years, Electric has
produced a variety of award-winning science films for Australian and
international television, including 'Cracking the Colour Code',
'Winners' Guide to the Nobel Prize' and 'Superflu: Race Against  A
Killer'.

With staff based in Perth and Sydney, Electric Pictures is now seeking
to expand its development activities and wishes to strengthen its
commitment to science programming. While this is not a formal job
advertisement, Electric invites contact from individuals who can
clearly demonstrate their strengths in
conceptualising and developing ideas, likely to appeal to Australian
and overseas broadcasters. Ability counts just as much as experience.
The company is prepared to engage any successful candidate on a
part,full-time or casual basis and work location is not an impediment.

If you are seriously interested in such a role and are bursting with
ideas that you believe can be readily translated into television,
please contact Greg Colgan via email (gc<at
symbol>electricpictures.com.au).

______________________________________
Greg Colgan
Research and Development