[ASC-list] World class

Derek Elmes Derek.Elmes at environment.nsw.gov.au
Thu Jun 3 22:51:19 UTC 2010

Niall, Nancy et al

I recall Rob Morrison commenting on a similar issue several years ago.  When posting to this list an advertisement for a science communication position not long after, Rob's comments prompted me to invite people interested in "communicating cutting edge breakthrough research" to go and work for a mining equipment organisation.

I suppose the question I'd add is do we know what audiences (as opposed to communication professionals) think of such words (whether these ones or ones in other areas of communication e.g. "hero" sports people)? Are there any studies about audience reaction to there use or over-use?

Cheers

Derek

Derek Elmes
Scientific Services Division
Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water (NSW)