[ASC-list] Canberra event: Impro workshop, 23 June

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 23:01:20 UTC 2010

We do it everyday… so we may as well be better at it! We're talking about
improvising. A skill that helps you express yourself, be creative and
communicate better.

Join ASC and Reid Workman from Impro ACT for a fun, challenging and active
impro(visation) workshop.

The workshop will introduce you to the activities of impro(visation) (also
known as theatre sports) and illustrate the skills you can gain from it that
can help you: communicate better, meet new people, laugh a lot and have some
fun.

*Where: *CSIRO Discovery, Clunies Ross St, Acton.
*When:* Wednesday 23 June from 6pm
*Cost: *$5 for ASC members, $10 non-members
*Special offer! If ASC members bring a friend, the member gets free entry
and the friend gets in at the member’s price!*
*RSVP:* asccanberra at gmail.com
Free wine, beer and tasty refreshments provided.

*About the presenter*
Reid Workman has been involved with the sport for 10 years and a member of
Impro ACT for 5 years. And in that time has had more fun than you can poke a
stick at and has also performed and been taught by some of the world’s
greatest improvisors. He is about to start teaching basic improvisation
classes and is keen to inflict his teaching on the Australian Science
Communicators. He uses these skills as a Science Communicator working at
various organisations around Canberra.

Check out more about ACT Impro http://www.impro.com.au/ and see their next
show ‘Impro Match Point’ on Sunday 4th July, 7:30pm at the Dickson Tradies.

Read more about the ASC ACT branch:
http://www.asc.asn.au/2010/06/state-and-national/act/