[ASC-list] do Australians trust scientists?

Ben McKenzie ben at labcoatman.com.au
Wed Jun 9 03:46:42 UTC 2010

On 7 June 2010 20:14,  <longneck at cyllene.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any (recent) survey data that asks Australians whether
> they trust scientists, esp in comparison to other professional groups?

The closest thing I've seen is Reader's Digest's annual "Australia's
100 most trusted individuals" list. I don't know how rigorous they are
- probably not very - but do appear there, though prominent medical
professionals often do very well: in 2009 Dr Fiona Wood made the
number one spot, with Professor Ian Frazer in third. Dr Karl - a
fixture in the list for many years - came in at number 11.

The 2009 list can be found here:

http://www.readersdigest.com.au/life/australias-most-trusted-people-2009/article141332.html

--
Ben McKenzie