[ASC-list] The Future of Journalism talk VIC

leohman1 at bigpond.net.au leohman1 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 18 05:55:21 UTC 2010

posted on behalf of the Australasian Medical Writers Association

The Future of Journalism

The Internet, digital technology and the rise of social networking have changed consumer demand and work opportunities for journalists forever. Join AMWA Victoria members for a discussion on what the media world is today and what it may be tomorrow.

Guest speaker: Louise Connor, Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance, Branch Secretary Victoria

When:  	Tuesday 22 June @ 6.30 pm
Where: 	The Clare Cafe Bar Bistro
  	        421 Rathdowne St, Carlton
Cost:     	Free for AMWA members, $10 for non-members
              	Drinks and meals at pub prices

RSVP:   to L.E. Ohman leohman1 at bigpond.net.au or Jacinta Miller membership at medicalwriters.org

The Future of Journalism
At a time of massive restructure of our industry and the introduction of new technologies, new consumer demands and changed work opportunities for journalists we all need to consider what the media world is today and what it may be tomorrow. We also need to consider the impact on our communities and our profession.
What will the role of a journalist be in 10 or 20 years?
MEAA Branch Secretary Louise Connor will discuss the Alliance’s Life in the Clickstream: Future of Journalism project and how journalists can find a way to flourish in this challenging new environment.
For background see the website  www.thefutureofjournalism.org.au

--
L.E. Ohman, PhD
Freelance medical writer