[ASC-list] do Australians trust scientists?

Bill Palmer bill_palmer15 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 19 14:38:28 UTC 2010

I have just completed a survey for Scientific American/ Nature.

Bill

PS details follow.

Dear Scientific American Reader,

In Science We Trust?

Take our exclusive poll on attitudes about science.

By Mariette DiChristina, Editor-in-Chief, Scientific American

Global climate change. Energy supplies. Pandemics. Cures for cancer and other diseases. Food safety. Education and global competitiveness. Science is the all-important underpinning of many of the top issues in today's headlines. Yet how do we as a society feel about science and scientists? Are we comfortable with the methods of science? Do we value the findings? And how do people's feelings about science vary in different countries?

Please tell us what you think by taking our special poll. Scientific American, which has 14 foreign-language editions, is conducting a global survey in partnership with our sister publication Nature, the international weekly journal of science.

Find the poll here: http://readerpanel.nature.com/wix/p418322019.aspx

We'll publish the results in an upcoming issue of Scientific American.

Thank you, once again, for your time and input. We look forward to receiving your vital feedback.

Sincerely,

The Scientific American Audience Panel