[ASC-list] PERTH - Profs and Pints Tuesday 29 June

Sarah Lau SLau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au
Mon Jun 28 09:24:00 UTC 2010

To any ASC members and list subscribers in WA, this event was a huge
success last time, generating some lively debate and an enjoyable
evening. To guarantee your spot, turn up from 5.30pm onwards.

(Posted on behalf of Renee Sayers, Scitech)

THE CHANGING FACE OF SECURITY

Our concept of security is changing, and so is the terror game. Global,
Cyber, Space and Biological... what's next?

Scitech is pleased to present free evenings of lively banter that will
spark curiosity, ignite discussion and leave you questioning the world
as you know it.

The next edition of Profs and Pints will be held on Tuesday 29 June at
The Flying Scotsman - Velvet Lounge from 6.00 - 8.00pm where we will
delve into the world of technology and security.

Speakers include: Profs: Rajat Ganguly (Murdoch), Ba-Tuong Vo (UWA
Engineering), Bernadette Bradley (UWA Biosafety) and Chris Mounkley from
CyberTechnology

So grab your friends, fetch a drink and pull up a chair as we pose the
question - has technology and censorship revolutionised the terror game?

www.scitech.org.au Find us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scitech/82423139654>  or see what's being
said on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ScitechWA/>  .