[ASC-list] 5th National Forum on Performance in Cultural Institutions

Van Tiel, Michael Michaelv at PHM.GOV.AU
Mon Mar 1 01:19:11 UTC 2010

International Museum Theatre Asia Pacific (IMTAP), a Museums Australia
SIG, is excited to present the 5th National Forum on Performance in
Cultural Institutions, an opportunity for those passionate about all
forms of performance in cultural institutions come together to explore,
debate, discuss and connect ideas and practice.

The Forum is proudly hosted by the Powerhouse Museum and the Australian
National Maritime Museum.

The date of the forum is Thursday 22nd April 2010.

The cost of the Forum is $75 for most delegates.

Program Outline

The day begins at the Powerhouse Museum with the Keynote presentation
from Alana Valentine who will explore how curator-led

works of performance might be conceived of as the centrepiece of an
exhibition plan. Next is the first of our concurrent seminar sessions,
with sessions from leading practitioners in the field, followed by a
lively panel discussion on Meeting the needs of all involved - Artist,
audience and museum. Now armed with a lunchbox full of yummy food make
your way into Darling Harbour and find a relaxing spot with fellow
delegates to eat lunch. Or if you are interested in finding out what
IMTAP is all about grab some lunch and stick around for the IMTAP AGM.
But make sure you make it to the Australian National Maritime Museum for
a performance of I, Bunyip. Then get ready for the afternoon seminar
sessions and our Great Debate - Is Museum Theatre just an add-on? We
then head up to the nearby Harlequin Inn for our Pecha Kucha in the Pub
where you will hear about the great performance work being done by
fellow delegates. Then we suggest dinner down in Darling Harbour.

Please visit the Museums Australia Networks event page to download the
full program and registration form

http://manexus.ning.com/events/5th-national-forum-for
<http://manexus.ning.com/events/5th-national-forum-for>

To make an online payment please visit:

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/bookings/imtap.php
<http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/bookings/imtap.php>

Please forward this e-mail to interested colleagues.

We look forward to seeing you at the forum.

Cheers

Michael & Scott

Forum Co-convenors

Michael Van Tiel

Producer (Zoe & Cogs and Children Programs)

Education & Program Development

Powerhouse Museum

Phone: (02) 9217 0314

Fax: (02) 9217 0441

Street Address: 500 Harris Street, ULTIMO, NSW, 2007

Postal Address: PO Box K346, HAYMARKET, NSW, 1238

Email: michaelv at phm.gov.au

Web: http://www.powerhousemuseum.com <http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/>

This email and attachments are for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential or legally privileged information or material that is copyright of Powerhouse Museum or a third party. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. Any views expressed in this message and attachments are those of the individual sender and the Powerhouse Museum accepts no liability for the content of this message.