[ASC-list] ASC WA - upcoming events

Sarah Lau SLau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au
Tue Mar 2 09:50:42 UTC 2010

Hi ASC-WA members,

Two upcoming events relating to science communication:

8 March 2010 - Inspiring Australia information session

This event is being run by the National Science Week Coordinating
Committee and may be of interest to ASC members. The event will cover
the Inspiring Australia initiative and the next steps in science
communication in Australia, as well as provide information on NSWk 2010.

http://www.sciencewa.net.au/index.php?view=details&id=661%3Ainspiring-au
stralia-information-session&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=200116

Time: 5.00pm - 6.30pm

Venue: Scitech, City West, Sutherland Street, West Perth

RSVP: scienceweek at scitech.org.au by Thurs 4 Mar

15 March 2010 - National Conference Debrief and WA Catch Up

Join us for an informal get together to meet with current ASC members,
hear from Dr Nancy Longnecker about the recent ASC National Conference,
and to contribute to the direction of ASC WA in 2010 and beyond. We need
to hear from our members in WA with regards to what they expect from
their ASC membership. If you cannot make this get together, we want to
hear from you - please email Sarah Lau (slau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au) with
any thoughts you have regarding ASC, anything you would like to
contribute and what you'd like to see from your membership.

Time: 5.30 - 6.30pm

Venue: UWA - exact location TBA

RSVP: Sarah Lau (slau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au) by Fri 12 Mar