[ASC-list] fwd: Science in Society Conference, Madrid, Spain, 11-13 November 2010 - Call for Papers

Sophie Baker sophie.l.j.baker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:43:59 UTC 2010

Sorry if this is a repeat, I just like the sound of this confrence and
thought I'd share.
Sophie

From: "Karim Gherab Martin" <karim.martin at science-society.com>
To: <alison.specht at scu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:20:41 +1000
Subject: Science in Society Conference, Madrid, Spain, 11-13 November 2010 -
Call for Papers
Dear Colleague,

On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee, I would like to inform you
of the:

SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SCIENCE IN SOCIETY
Carlos III University
Madrid, Spain
11-13 November 2010
www.ScienceinSocietyConference.com<http://www.scienceinsocietyconference.com/>

This conference addresses the social impacts, values, pedagogies, politics
and economics of science. It is an inclusive forum that welcomes a breadth
of perspectives on science from practitioners, teachers and researchers
representing a wide range of academic disciplines.

The Science in Society Conference is held annually in different locations
around the world. The Conference was inaugurated in 2009 at Cambridge
University, Cambridge, UK. We are pleased to hold this year's conference at
Carlos III University in Madrid, Spain.

In addition to Plenary Presentations from leading speakers in the field, the
Science in Society Conference includes parallel presentations by
practitioners, teachers and researchers. We invite you to respond to the
conference Call-for-Papers. Presenters submit their written papers for
publication in the peer refereed "International Journal of Science in
Society". If you are unable to attend the conference in person, virtual
registrations are also available which allow you to submit a paper for
refereeing and possible publication in the journal as well as the option of
uploading a video presentation to our YouTube channel.

The deadline for the next round in the call for papers (a title and short
abstract) is 11 March 2010. Future deadlines will be announced on the
conference website after this date. Proposals are reviewed within two weeks
of submission. Full details of the conference, including an online proposal
submission form, may be found at the conference website:
www.ScienceinSocietyConference.com<http://www.scienceinsocietyconference.com/>
.

In 2011 the conference will be held in Washington D.C. at American Catholic
University, 5-7 August.

We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able to join
us in Madrid in November.

Yours Sincerely,

Prof. Karim Gherab Martin
Harvard University, Cambridge, USA
Bibliotecas Digitales, Madrid Spain

Prof. Carlos Elias
Carlos III University, Madrid, Spain
***
If you have any inquiries about this conference, please send them by reply
to this email. All emails are answered in person by one of our conference
administrators within two working days.
Note: If you would like to be removed from this list, please reply to this
email with the word 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line. Make sure that you
send your request to unsubscribe from the same e-mail address that received
this email.

*Mrs Sophie Baker*

Communications Officer

*TERN - Terrestrial Ecosystem Research Network*

John Hines Annexe (63) | Room 543C

The University of Queensland, *Brisbane* Qld 4072 Australia

Phone: 07 336 59097 or 0415221830 | Email: s.baker2 at uq.edu.au|