[ASC-list] RiAus Events

Stephan Kern SKern at riaus.org.au
Thu Mar 11 01:50:03 UTC 2010

For ASC members in Adelaide:
Understanding water: Adelaide's climate and environment
Tim Kelly, Craig Simmons, Darren Ray
Host: Clare Peddie
Tuesday 16 March
6-7.30pm
The Science Exchange

Free - booking required. Go to http://waterclimateandenvironment.eventbrite.com

In the first of a series of three events based on the new book Adelaide: Water of a city, three experts join The Advertiser's science reporter Clare Peddie to discuss the city's climate and environment and how they affect water management now and in the future.

Taking in alluvial lowlands from Gulf St Vincent and the Mount Lofty Ranges, Adelaide's climate is seasonal and highly variable. Our expert panel will explain why - if we are to manage water resources in Adelaide sustainably - we need to consider this and understand how water naturally moves through the city.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAC114.BFE6C880]
 Steve Kern
 Senior Programs Co-ordinator

 Ri Australia
 PO Box 3652
 RUNDLE MALL  SA  5000
 Ph: (08) 7120 8604 | Fax: (08) 8221 6563 | skern at riaus.org.au|<mailto:atyndall at riaustralia.org.au|> www.riaus.org.au<http://www.riaustralia.org.au/>
The Royal Institution of Australia Inc is a Charitable Institution and is a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
ABN: 98638459658

Think B4U Print
1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere
3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water