[ASC-list] RiAus Events

Stephan Kern SKern at riaus.org.au
Thu Mar 18 00:29:03 UTC 2010

For ASC members in Adelaide:
Understanding Water: People and Water
Andrew Lothian, Christel Mex, Martin Shanahan
Host: Simon Royal
Tuesday 23 March
6-7.30pm
The Science Exchange

Free - booking required. Go to http://peopleandwater.eventbrite.com
The Understanding Water series continues with a look at the role of water in the development of the city of Adelaide. It's a story punctuated by water shortage, damaging floods and water quality issues. What do the people of Adelaide think about water? How much we are prepared to pay for it? And how do these factors influence water management?
Join our panel of experts and host Simon Royal to explore people's interactions with water - water for drinking, cleansing, transport, recreation and fitness, health and restoration or image promotion. This event will highlight the fact that the economic, aesthetic and spiritual value of water must be included in any discourse on its sustainable management.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAC114.BFE6C880]
 Steve Kern
 Senior Programs Co-ordinator

 Ri Australia
 PO Box 3652
 RUNDLE MALL  SA  5000
 Ph: (08) 7120 8604 | Fax: (08) 8221 6563 | skern at riaus.org.au|<mailto:atyndall at riaustralia.org.au|> www.riaus.org.au<http://www.riaustralia.org.au/>
The Royal Institution of Australia Inc is a Charitable Institution and is a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
ABN: 98638459658

Think B4U Print
1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere
3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water