[ASC-list] Forum: Transforming Data into Policy: What can we learn from climate change policy making in Australia?

Natalie Pestana npestana at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Mar 19 04:33:09 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd let you know of an upcoming forum here at the Department
of Mathematics and Statistics and Centre for Advanced Journalism at the
University of Melbourne.

Transforming Data into Policy: What can we learn from climate change
policy making in Australia?
Speaker : Moderator: Michael Gawenda. Panel includes: Ross Garnaut, Greg
Combet AM, Paul Kelly & Rod Sims
Time and Date : 12:00PM, Tuesday 30th March 2010
Venue : Basement Theatre, The Spot, University of Melbourne Parkville
Campus

Description :
Climate change presents nations worldwide with complex and challenging
policy dilemmas. This forum seeks to explore how well our public policy
making processes have served Australia's national interests in
developing its response to climate change, including the development of
support policies for trade exposed industries and for new technologies.
It will also consider how well we have used and communicated
quantitative data to help guide and inform the policy debate.

Moderator: Michael Gawenda

Panelists:
Ross Garnaut (Author of the Garnaut Climate Change Review)
Greg Combet AM, MP (Federal Minister Assisting the Minister for Climate
Change)
Paul Kelly (Editor-at-large of The Australian)
Rod Sims (Director, Port Jackson Partners Limited)

Bookings are essential-please register at
www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/climatechangeforum

---
Natalie Pestana
Communications and Events Officer
Marketing and Communications| Faculty of Science | The University of
Melbourne, Vic 3010
W: www.science.unimelb.edu.au <http://www.science.unimelb.edu.au/>
|Twitter: twitter.com/SciMelb |Blog: www.sciencematters.unimelb.edu.au
<http://www.sciencematters.unimelb.edu.au/>