[ASC-list] See Chris Mooney today at 12.30pm - ABC1 - Wednesday 5 May

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Tue May 4 14:01:51 UTC 2010

Dear ASCers,

Chris Mooney's National Press Club address is being televised today.

Chris is a senior correspondent for The American Prospect magazine and has achieved widespread acclaim as author of The Republican War on Science and Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens Our Future. He was a key note speaker at the World Conference of Science Journalists in 2007.

I attended his address in Canberra. There's lots of important ideas in his talk about the current challenges for communicating science. Here's the details.