[ASC-list] Public engagement thinking on emerging technologies

Kristin Alford kristin at bridge8.com.au
Wed May 5 07:15:17 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Recently I submitted a report to the National Enabling Technologies Strategy
on European approaches to public engagement around nanotechnologies. The
report identified a number of themes about why we struggle we public
engagement. I've posted the report here and it is available to download and
share:
http://bridge8.wordpress.com/2010/05/05/public-engagement-reported/

I also spoke at the Sir Mark Oliphant Cleantech conference this morning on
why communities should care about emerging technologies, including
cleantech. The slides and some notes are also available:
http://bridge8.wordpress.com/2010/05/05/why-should-communities-care-about-em
erging-technologies/

I'd welcome your comments on either.

Kind regards,
Kristin

Dr Kristin Alford
Managing Director
Bridge8 Pty Ltd
GPO Box 0162, Adelaide SA 5001
3/62 King William Rd, Goodwood SA 5034
P: 0410 442 629
E: kristin at bridge8.com.au
T: @kristinalford

Bridge8: Our website and blog on perspectives, applications, creative
pursuits and social issues related to innovation and emerging technologies.
http://www.bridge8.com.au.

This message may contain information that is confidential and commercially
sensitive.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this
email or disclose its contents to any other party.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail
and delete the e-mail and any attachments.  Thank you.