[ASC-list] WA National Climate Change Workshop - Invitation

Emma Donnelly e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 2 02:13:51 UTC 2010

Hi
Thought this might interest communicators and educators... See below for
more information.
Kind regards,
Emma

Hi Emma
Actually I think it would be ideal for you & your other Science
Communication staff to be attending this. It is designed for practitioners &
educators more than for scientists. I would appreciate you RSVPing &
advising your contemporaries
Cheers
Grant

Grant Wardell-Johnson
Director and Associate Professor
Curtin Institute for Biodiversity and Climate

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 3702
Fax | +61 8 9266 2459
Mobile | 0413 628 201

Email | g.wardell-johnson at curtin.edu.au
Web | curtin.edu.au

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)

The NCCARF-Terrestrial Biodiversity Network and Curtin Institute for
Biodiversity will hold a Western Australian Roadshow on the 11th November
2010 at Curtin University of Technology. The aim of the Roadshow is to
identify stakeholder climate change adaptation challenges and research
priorities for Terrestrial Biodiversity in Western Australia.

On behalf of myself and Prof Stephen Williams we would like to invite you to
attend. More information about this event is listed below. The event agenda
is available here:
http://hosting2.arcs.org.au/terrestrialbiodiversity/index.php/General/wester
n-australia-roadshow.html
<http://hosting2.arcs.org.au/terrestrialbiodiversity/index.php/General/weste
rn-australia-roadshow.html>

Please feel free to pass around widely to your contacts.

To register for this event please contact:  events at curtin.edu.au, or call
(08) 9266 2563, by 8 November 2010.  T

*********************

he National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility -Terrestrial
Biodiversity Network and Curtin Institute for Biodiversity and Climate are
aiming to significantly increase their interaction with local stakeholder
groups eg. management agencies, policy makers and local government, in order
to identify their specific research needs and major challenges to climate
change adaptation for protecting the natural ecosystems within their
jurisdiction.

To facilitate this process, we will be running a national ³roadshow² that
will consist of a one day workshop in each of the network nodes across
Australia.  Each workshop will try to identify the most significant local
research needs and challenges and help put these into a national context.
These workshops will be held in all states and territories over the next 12
months.

Please find attached the agenda for this event. Please be advised that
morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be served throughout the day.

Event: Terrestrial Biodiversity Roadshow - Adaptation challenges and
research needs of local stakeholders, Western Australia
When: Thursday 11th November, 2010
Where: Building 405, Room 201, Curtin University, Kent Street, Bentley,
Western Australia
Who should come: management agencies, policy makers, NGO¹s, government and
any interested parties

To find out more about our network please go to:
http://hosting2.arcs.org.au/terrestrialbiodiversity/

Emma Donnelly| Science Outreach Coordinator
Faculty of Science and Engineering | Curtin University of Technology |
GPO Box U1987 Perth 6845 Western Australia
t: +61 8 9266 1021 | f: +61 8 9266 2021 |
Office: Building 311 Room 147

Email: e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Web: http://science.curtin.edu.au/outreach/