[ASC-list] Science inspired public art in Adelaide

Rodney McDonell podsly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 01:15:16 UTC 2010

Hello ASCers, My name is Rodney McDonell, a keen advocate of science
communication (and recently signed up ASC member).

If we are to change the perception of science in key demographics and remind
the general public of its importance, then science must be more *visible* in
the community. I believe the best way to achieve this goal is through public
art projects that clearly depict science inspired themes. Furthermore, if we
are to target key demographics then we should do so through art forms that
these persons are most responsive too.

For these purposes I have recently engaged the services of a group of local
artists to design/paint a *science inspired street art mural* and whilst I'm
happy to fund it myself I am also assessing local arts grants and anyone
else who is passionate about science communication to contribute financially
to the project.

So if you're like me and you believe science communication on Adelaide’s
streets needs to be seriously improved and you would consider financially
contributing to this project when further details of costs emerge, then
please get in touch with me (podsly at gmail.com) so that I can keep you up to
date with the projects movement as further details emerge.

Thank you.