[ASC-list] Seeking sci-comm course providers

Jesse Shore jesse at prismaticsciences.com
Tue Nov 30 02:07:36 UTC 2010

Dear ASC members,

The ASC has received a few requests to provide training in science
communication related skills. While the ASC itself does not provide training
programs, a number of our members do.

I invite you to nominate training providers in science communication related
skills. You may nominate yourself.

Please provide information about:

.        the name of the company or individual providing the training,

.        contact details (email, phone, postal address),

.        name of course,

.        the length of the course,

.        the skills addressed in the program,

.        cost to attend course,

.        location(s) where the course(s) is offered,

.        name of each presenter with relevant qualifications and experience,

.        maximum number of participants per session

The ASC has a goal to develop a national accreditation system for short
courses. Until that is in place the ASC cannot recommend specific courses
but we can let build a database to help answer enquiries.

Accreditation is a complex process even for short courses. The National
Council has endorsed a preliminary framework for assessment but more needs
to be done before we are confident of creating a sustainable program. Let me
know if you want to hear more about the proposed accreditation process.

Cheers,
Jesse

Jesse Shore

President, Australian Science Communicators, 2010

 <http://www.asc.asn.au/> http://www.asc.asn.au/

Jesse Shore PhD
Science Communicator
Prismatic Sciences