[ASC-list] WA - upcoming news and events

Emma Donnelly e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 07:00:11 UTC 2010

It's a very exciting time of year, the weather is lovely and we have a lot
planned over the next few months. We would like to welcome members to ASC WA
2010/2011 and invite you all to the following Australian Science
Communicator WA events.

15 October - Behind the Science at the Perth Zoo
Time: 5.30pm
Location: Perth Zoo - South Perth
Cost: FREE - ASC MEMBERS ONLY EVENT
For more information or to book: http://ascperthzoo.eventbrite.com/

25 October - Evaluation Worksop - session 2
Time: 8.30am
Location: Curtin University
Cost: ASC Members $5, Non-Members $20, Participants of Session 1 FREE
For more information or to book:  http://ascevaluation2.eventbrite.com
<http://ascevaluation2.eventbrite.com/>

24 November - Quizalicious - get your quiz on!
Time: 6.30pm
Location: Rosie O'Grady's Pub - Northbridge
Cost: ASC Members FREE, Non-members $15 (up to 8 people per table)
For more information or to book: http://quizalicious2010.eventbrite.com
<http://quizalicious2010.eventbrite.com/>

10 December - End of Year Celebration and lunch with guest speaker WA Chief
Scientist
Time: 12.30pm
Location: Botanicals Cafe, Kings Park
Cost: $73 - ASC MEMBERS ONLY EVENT
For more information or to book: http://ascwaendofyear2010.eventbrite.com
<http://ascwaendofyear2010.eventbrite.com/>      BOOKINGS CLOSE 30 NOVEMBER

2011
ASC WA AGM and sundowner - a great chance to meet other members, sign on as
a committee member, help plan for the upcoming year and just mingle with a
glass of wine in the midst of great people in a relaxed setting.

Other news
Our other exciting news is that we have more WA members now that ever
before! The bonus of this is that the more ASC members we have in WA, the
more we offer you. We have also just gained the WA Chief Scientist,
Professor Lyn Beazley as a member. As one of the State's best known
communicators, she is a great ambassador for ASC WA.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind regards,
Emma Donnelly
ASC WA Branch President