[ASC-list] ASCSA event: Flinders Centre for Science Education 18/10

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Thu Oct 14 00:58:41 UTC 2010

Australian Science Communicators SA (ASCSA) Event
The Flinders Centre for Science Education
in the 21st Century
Speakers: Bob Buxton and Mark Ward
MC- Richard Musgrove
Date: Monday October 18th, 2010
Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Venue: RiAus, Science Exchange, Exchange Place, Adelaide
Cost: ASCSA members: free* (see why & how to join below)
Non-members: $10
Non-member students: $5
Bookings: http://ascsa-flinders21c.eventbrite.com

Event Summary
"The Flinders Centre for Science Education in the 21st Century (Science 21) works
to support decision-making in science education by policy makers, educational
leaders, industry and others. Together with professional educators the Centre
also draws on research evidence to help generate new ideas and turn these into
real innovation through proof-of-concept pilot programs. The vision that runs
through all of this work is the improvement of young people's ability to make the
most of the economic educational and social and cultural opportunities that are
likely to be available in the future. It is all about creating capacity in a changing
world." Sci 21 Centre 2010
Tonight we will hear from Sci 21's Mark Ward and Bob Buxton who will cover the
Centre's background, current work and challenges. Mark and Bob will also fill us
in on their respective roles, and I'm sure much discussion will follow.