[ASC-list] Science Writing Workshops (November 2010 - April 2011)

Marina Hurley info at writingclearscience.com.au
Sun Oct 17 22:13:09 UTC 2010

.*
*

*Science Writing Workshops  (November 2010 - April 2011)
*

* *

*Writing Clear Science* current round of writing workshops are being offered
at five capital cities from November 2010 to April 2011. We operate from the
fundamental premise that writing produced by scientific professionals should
be accurate, clear and succinct.

*Our writing workshops*:

-           teach the skills that are essential to effectively design and
write high quality research reports, technical and industry reports,
peer-reviewed papers and theses.

-           are relevant to individuals from all science backgrounds and
with different levels of academic achievement.

-           involve a flexible rotation of lectures, writing exercises and
discussion sessions.

*Science professionals benefit from our writing workshops by*:

-           refreshing their writing skills (punctuation, sentence and
paragraph structure).

-           improving their ability to write clearly and succinctly.

-           improving their editing and critical evaluation skills.

-           learning how to structure any document from basic principles.

*Open Workshops*

We offer Open Workshops where staff can enrol individually.

-           *Day 1: The Nuts & Bolts of Writing*

*-           Day 2: Writing Reports & Papers *

*-           Day 3: Writing Your Thesis* (optional)

*Open Workshop Calendar*

-           Sydney:            10th - 12th November 2010 (*Fully Booked*); 2
nd - 4th March 2011

-           Melbourne:        8th – 10th December 2010; 6th - 8th April 2011

-           Canberra:          2nd - 4th February 2011

-           Brisbane:          17th - 19th November 2010; 28th - 30th  March
2011

-           Adelaide:          9th – 11th February 2011.

*In-House Writing Workshops*

Writing Clear Science also offers *In-House Writing Workshops* that can be
held in your department, institution or facility. These workshops are
designed for staff and students from science-based industries,
consultancies, State and Federal Government science-based departments and
research institutions. We can offer a 1-3 day workshop that is tailored to
your needs.

For further information, including course details, please refer to our
website www.writingclearscience.com.au or contact Dr Marina Hurley:
0416-097-979; fax +61-3-9421-3472; info at writingclearscience.com.au

--
Dr Marina Hurley
Lecturer & Consultant

info at writingclearscience.com.au
www.writingclearscience.com.au
PLEASE NOTE: This message and any attachments may contain legally privileged
and confidential information and/or copyright material intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above.