[ASC-list] Biodiversity in the Pub 2: "Do we really need the oceans?" (tomorrow night in Sydney)

Wilson da Silva wfdasilva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 03:14:16 UTC 2010

Come and join us for the second of our *Biodiversity in the Pub* series: "Do
we really need the oceans?"

The importance of the oceans to the planet's biodiversity will be discussed
with OceanWatch's Brad Warren, marine invertebrates researchers Maria Byrne
and leopard seal expert and Antarctic researcher, Tracey Rogers. The
discussion will be chaired by Wilson da Silva, editor of COSMOS, and it
promises to be a night of fun, with stimulating discussion, a few laughs,
trivia questions and door prizes.

Drinks are provided, and there's $400 in prizes to win!

*"Do we really need the oceans?" *
*7pm - 9pm*
*Wednesday, 20 October 2010 *
*Top floor, Harlequin Inn*
*152-156 Harris St, Pyrmont*

Brought to you by COSMOS and the Royal Institution of Australia, in
association with Science in the City. This event is made possible by a grant
from the Council of Australasian Museum Directors with funding from the
Science Connections Program of the Federal Department of Innovation,
Industry, Science and Research.

For more information, visit http://is.gd/g7yYP