[ASC-list] International Science Blog Carnival PUBLISHED - Scientia Pro Publica - Science for the People

M R mikekpr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 01:20:48 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I got a great response from ASC members for this blog carnival, lending it
an antipodean flavour, which was excellent! My orginal email is copied
below, but EDITION 43 is PUBLISHED!! It is a great collection of
contemporary science writing from around the world.

*You can read it here:
http://traversingtherazor.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/scientia-pro-publica-43-loving-living-learning/
*
This was a great experience and I recommend it to any science bloggers out
there. It needs more hosts, and is looking to go weekly.

Cheers,

Mike
http://traversingtherazor.wordpress.com/

Original email:
*If you write a science related blog, then may I invite you to submit blog
entries for one of the more popular science blog carnivals on the web. I
will be hosting the 25 October edition of Scientia Pro Publica (Science for
the People) at my blog, Traversing the Razor. The post is
here<http://traversingtherazor.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/scientia-pro-publica-coming-to-traversing-the-razor-oct-25/>at
http://traversingtherazor.wordpress.com/*

*It would be great to get more Australian blogs on to it.
*

*In fact, for those of you in the media, the story of the rise of science
blogging and blog carnivals is an interesting one. This is consolidating as
a way of delivering science content on the web, especially with the take up
of blogs by newspapers like the Guardian in England, and journals like
Nature hosting blogs too. I'm happy to help out here if you're interested in
the story.*

>From the blog<http://traversingtherazor.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/scientia-pro-publica-coming-to-traversing-the-razor-oct-25/>
:

Soon I will have the honour to present to you, dear readers, the 43rd
Edition<http://traversingtherazor.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/scientia-pro-publica-coming-to-traversing-the-razor-oct-25/>of
*Scientia Pro Publica <http://scientiablogcarnival.blogspot.com/>*! This was
a recent revelation for me, and I was fortunate enough to be included
in edition
42<http://cosmodynamics.blogspot.com/2010/10/scientia-pro-publica-42-ultimate-answer.html>hosted
at
Cosmodynamics <http://cosmodynamics.blogspot.com/>. Thanks Vanessa!
*Scientia Pro Publica* is a bi-weekly carnival of the best science writing
(well communication generally) from across the blogosphere. It has grown in
stature to the point where the convener is now seriously contemplating
making this a weekly thing. In other words, *Scientia Pro Publica* is
becoming something akin to the Nature of science blogging. Ok, that might be
a bit of a stretch, however, it is like a magazine – it relies on public
blog submissions and the host to compile and editorialize a selection of
submitted blog posts. Currently, it receives more than 50 submissions each
time, and this grows with each new host as the network expands.