[ASC-list] Why do we die, and who's researching this?

Bianca Nogrady bianca at biancanogrady.com
Tue Apr 5 03:02:33 UTC 2011

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with some research I'm doing into why
and how we die? Morbid, yes, but also fascinating stuff.

I'm interested in current thinking on why we die (instead of living
forever), and suggestions for researchers to interview. I'm also looking for
researchers/experts who can talk about the actual physiological mechanisms
of death ... what's happening at the physiological level when we experience
the event of death?

I'm happy to interview anyone anywhere in the world so they don't have to be
based in Australia.

Thanks in anticipation,

Bianca

Freelance science journalist and broadcaster, and co-author of The Sixth
Wave.
~ New Scientist ~ Scientific American ~ The Australian ~
~ Australian Doctor ~ G Magazine ~ Pathway ~ ABC Online ~
Blackheath, Australia
ph/fx: +612 4787 9158  m: 0411 420 913
www.biancanogrady.com
www.sixthwave.org