[ASC-list] Crikey leads today with "Health funding faces the chop but has Carr saved science?"

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Thu Apr 7 05:05:19 UTC 2011

That's what happens when science is split across agencies.

Science funding is controlled by at least half a dozen departments.

It makes it hard for science to be seen as 'one'.

But I agree. The general science community should be concerned about medical research cuts and vice versa.

Mind you, the medical research community are better at standing up for themselves as the current lobby effort illustrates.

Physical scientists should take note and learn from their medical research colleagues. You have to spend money and resources to fight for funding.

Niall
________

Niall Byrne
Science in Public