[ASC-list] Media140 Brisbane - 27 April 2011
Wilson da Silva
wfdasilva at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:00:17 UTC 2011
Am on-passing the item below on behalf of the organisers, FYI:
*media140 Brisbane 2011: Exploring the impact of social technologies in
27 April 2011
A one day conference exploring how science communicators engage with complex
and often sensitive public domain issues using social media.
Media140 Frontiers Brisbane will be the first event of its kind to be hosted
in the Brisbane Powerhouse to bring together an international gathering of
speakers from the U.S., Europe and Australia.
This one-day conference will explore the benefits of social technologies on
effective science and risk communication, looking at the challenges of
engaging the public on issues such as climate change, health,
nanotechnology, cloning and other sensitive public interest themes. Through
keynotes, case studies and workshops, we will create a participatory
experience for science communicators to really understand what others are
doing in this domain and help to inform discussion and debate about the
future direction and trends.
There's a great line-up of speakers from the U.S., Europe, New Zealand and
Australia discussing and sharing their insights, experiences and strategies.
- Andrew Maynard, Director of the University of Michigan Risk Science
- Bernie Hobbs, ABC Science
- Natasha Mitchell, ABC Radio National
- Wilson da Silva, COSMOS
- Darren Osborne, ABC Science Online
- Sara Philips, ABC Environment Online
- Daniel Keogh, science film maker, presenter and journalist
- Craig Cormick, Public Awareness and Community Engagement, Federal Dept
of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research
- Elena Macmaster, Friends of the Earth Australia
- Kristin Alford, Bridge8
- Alison Binney, New Science Journalism
- Richard Holliman, Open University, UK
- Peta Ashworth, CSIRO Science into Society Group
- Eileen Scanlon, Institute of Educational Technology, Open University,
- Matt Levinson, scientist, journalist, editor, writer, communicator
- Becky Crew, COSMOS
- Jessica Whittaker, BuzzNumbers
- Peter Griffin, New Zealand Science Media Centre
- Joan Leach, University of Queensland
- Cobi Smith, RiAus
- Will Rifkin , Australian Learning and Teaching Council
- Thomas Tudehope, SR7
- Will Grant, Political theorist and science communicator
- Ben Hosken, Flink Labs
With over 16+ sessions and workshops across the day we have packed
conference for science communicators, public information officers, media
professionals and government agencies.
Ticket pricing at $220 until the 8th April only. Register now at:
Ticket inc. conference pass, access to keynotes, panels. workshops, lunch
and cocktail party.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list