[ASC-list] Cribb in the Canberra Times today

Charles Willock charlesw at cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 7 07:36:07 UTC 2011

Hi Susan / All,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 04:58:22PM +1000, Susan Kirk wrote:
> A Union of Concerned Scientists?  I would donate.  I do already.  I've said
> this before if scientists want to be heard they have to exclude government
> funding.
>
> I have three words to say to bullied scientists, blow your whistle!

   ... (for those who don't know from experience) it may help to include
   the other lines of the (imaginary) verse

   blow your whistle
   lose your job
   lose your savings
   lose your career
   lose your partner

I appreciate it doesn't scan completely, but the content is fairly clear.

Perhaps you would also care to enlighten us with your knowledge of how
commercial sources of funding are better ...

Charlesw