[ASC-list] Twitter chat on science communication

Heather Bray heather.bray at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Apr 14 06:15:57 UTC 2011

Dear Science Communicators

A few of us would like to keep some of the conversations started at the Inspiring Australia conference going.

To make this happen, Kristin Alford, James Hutson and I have set up the Twitter hashtag #onsci (as in 'On Science') to enable us to have discussions in real time similar to other Twitter forums.

Our first discussion will be held tonight, Thursday the 14th of April at 9.00pm to 10.00pm AEST and the topic is 'Telling better science stories'. We want to explore the storytelling of science - new approaches, the nexus with creative disciplines and find some examples we can aspire to.

See http://bridge8.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/an-onsci-chat-more-on-science/ for more information.

Hope to see you on Twitter tonight!

Cheers

Heather

Dr Heather Bray
School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, Waite Campus
The University of Adelaide

Office: 08 8303 7414
Mobile: 0419 035 156