[ASC-list] #onsci - Tweeting about science communication

Heather Bray heather.bray at adelaide.edu.au
Fri Apr 15 05:59:09 UTC 2011

Dear Science Communicators

Last night science communicators participated in a Twitter forum on 'Telling better science stories' using the hashtag #onsci.

The forum was ably facilitated by Kristin Alford from Bridge8, who has also gone through the 395 tweets from 34 twitterers to prepare a great summary of the chat at http://storify.com/kristinalford/onsci-telling-better-science-stories (thanks Kristin!)

The participants (including me) really enjoyed the experience and have asked for more.

So we've decided to make it a regular thing, 2nd Thursday of the month, with the next on the 12th of May at 9.00 AEST. If you'd like to suggest topics go to
http://bridge8.wordpress.com/2011/04/15/more-onsci-please/

If you're on Twitter, follow @onsci for updates.

Cheers

Heather

Dr Heather Bray
Waite Research Institute
School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, Waite Campus
The University of Adelaide

Office: 08 8303 7414
Mobile: 0419 035 156