[ASC-list] $50,000 CSL FLorey medal - nominations now open
niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Wed Aug 10 02:49:10 UTC 2011
Posted on behalf of Elektra Spathopoulos, Executive Director, Australian Institute of Policy and Science
I'm writing to ask for your help in identifying potential candidates for the 2011 CSL Florey Medal.
The Medal honours Australian researchers who have had significant achievements in biomedical science and/or in advancing human health.
I am pleased to announce that, thanks to the generosity of CSL Limited, the Medal will double in value this year. The winner will receive a silver medal and a $50,000 cheque at the Association of Australian Medical Research Institutes' annual dinner in Parliament House, Canberra, on 21 November 2011.
The Medal was established in 1998 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Sir Howard Florey.
The past recipients are: John Hopwood (2009), Ian Frazer (2006), Peter Colman (2004), Colin Masters (2002), Jacques Miller (2000), Robin Warren and Barry Marshall (1998).
The selection and eligibility criteria are:
The CSL Florey Medal will be awarded to an Australian biomedical researcher for significant achievements in biomedical science and/or human health advancement for research conducted primarily in Australia.
* Nominees should have completed a significant portion of their nominated research achievements in Australia.
* Nominations will be accepted for an individual, and for up to three (3) named persons for joint nominations. Full research teams are not eligible.
* Self-nominations are not eligible.
* Nominees must be either permanent residents or citizens of Australia.
* While the selection criteria focus on research achievements, nominations from those working in industry or government sectors and demonstrating an equally high level of achievement are encouraged.
* The full selection criteria are at http://www.aips.net.au/news-events/the-florey-medal/selection-criteria-and-procedure/
The nomination process is straightforward.
We ask nominees to complete a short nomination form which is available online at http://www.aips.net.au/news-events/the-florey-medal/nomination-form<http://www.aips.net.au/news-events/the-florey-medal/nomination-form/>
We will receive nominations until midnight on Friday 16 September 2011.
If you have any questions or comments about the 2011 CSL Florey Medal please don't hesitate to contact me on (02) 9351 0819 or director at aips.net.au<mailto:director at aips.net.au> or Niall Byrne from Science in Public, who are assisting AIPS with the organisation of the CSL Florey Medal this year. Niall is on (03) 9398 1416 or niall at scienceinpublic.com.au<mailto:niall at scienceinpublic.com.au>.
Australian Institute of Policy and Science
& the Tall Poppy Campaign
94 Mallett Street, CAMPERDOWN NSW 2050
PO Box M145, Missenden Rd, CAMPERDOWN NSW 2050
Tel: (02) 9351 0819
Fax: (02) 9351 0758
Mob: 0425 433 954
Email: director at aips.net.au<blocked::blocked::mailto:director at aips.net.au>
ABN: 71 000 025 507
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list