[ASC-list] How can I participate in #onsci chat 9pm Thursday August 11 2011?

Sarah Keenihan sarah at bridge8.com.au
Wed Aug 10 21:09:01 UTC 2011

Hi ASC listers,
Following on from my post yesterday, I've received a few enquired from ASC
members not familiar with Twitter, but who are interested in seeing the
#onsci chat session today entitled "Science and
Politics<http://bridge8.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/onsci-august-11-2011-science-and-politics/>".
I've just sent this advice to someone via email, and thought a few others
who are perhaps too shy to ask how to be involved may like to see it too.
See below,
Best wishes,
Sarah

The entire chat is conducted entirely in the written form on twitter. But
don't panic, you can still observe and not have to be signed up or anything.
At 9pm AEST today (the chat will run for approximately 1 hour), all you need
to do is go to <www.twitter.com> and in the 'search' box type in "#onsci"
(make sure you type in the # just as I have in those parentheses).  You will
see all the postings from participants during the chat session. If
required, refresh your screen regularly to make sure you miss nothing.

Next time, if you're feeling braver (or maybe today!), you might like to
sign up for a twitter account and join in. The more the merrier.

Hope you come along, it should be fast, furious, fun and informative!

--
Sarah Keenihan, PhD

Science Communications Manager
Bridge 8 Pty Ltd | Futurists | Technologists | Communicators
www.bridge8.com.au

e  | sarah at bridge8.com.au
m | 0419 976 834