[ASC-list] QLD - Science Week Event - Trust us, wer're scientists

Katherine Griffin katherine.griffin at qm.qld.gov.au
Thu Aug 11 02:48:56 UTC 2011

Trust us, we're scientists

Science has shaped our thinking but should we trust everything that is
branded as 'science'? How will our understanding of science shape our
society's future? Should we invest in science research and
understandings and will this investment have positive outcomes for our
future?

Join a lively panel discussion about science featuring experts in the
fields of biodiversity, environmental research, ethics, and food
production as they investigate the truth behind living with science in
the 21st Century.

Supported Queensland Academy for Science, Mathematics and Technology.

Tuesday 23 August

6.30pm. Doors open at 5.45pm, light refreshments available.

Queensland Museum South Bank

Cnr Grey & Melbourne Streets, South Brisbane QLD 4101

Theatre, Level 2

FREE Admission. Booking essential through QTIX www.qtix.com.au
<http://www.qtix.com.au/>

Visit the Queensland Museum South Bank website for details
www.southbank.qm.qld.gov.au <http://www.southbank.qm.qld.gov.au/>

This event is supported by the Australian Government as part of National
Science Week.

Katherine Griffin
Learning Programs Officer

Equity Referral Officer

Queensland Museum
po box 3300 | south brisbane bc | queensland 4101 | australia
t 07 3842 9246 | f 07 3840 7607 | e katherine.griffin at qm.qld.gov.au
<mailto:katherine.griffin at qm.qld.gov.au>  | www.qm.qld.gov.au
<http://www.qm.qld.gov.au>

Become part of Queensland's DNA at www.qlddna.com.au
<http://www.qlddna.com.au/>

  <http://www.qlddna.com.au/>

******************* Disclaimer *******************
The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information.
They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message
or attachments is strictly prohibited.
The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.
Please note: the Queensland Museum carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and
attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable.
All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals as outlined in the QM Privacy Plan.
Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Museum Policies.
Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless as required by Museum Policy and/or State or Commonwealth Law.