[ASC-list] QLD - Science Week Event - Climate Changers: Kids thinking big about sustainability

Katherine Griffin katherine.griffin at qm.qld.gov.au
Thu Aug 11 02:49:14 UTC 2011

Climate Changers - Kids thinking big about sustainability

Children's art exhibition and short film

Come and explore big artworks about sustainability created by some of
our state's smallest citizens.

In this special exhibition, discover the brilliant climate change
solutions of 9-11 year olds from Milton State School. Through their
unique artworks these young minds remind us that creative thinking is a
must in these times of change. Wise beyond their years, the children's
insights and creative solutions have to be seen to be believed.

Workshops were run at Milton State School to teach children about
climate change and encourage them to re-imagine our response to it, by
creating artworks illustrating possible solutions. The results are a
fresh contribution to the climate change discussion and a poignant
reminder of our responsibility to future generations.

We have mostly agreed that climate change is happening. But it's big and
what can we do about it anyway? Can we build a machine to fix it? We
need to work together but how do you encourage cooperation? The
children's artwork responses are sure to surprise and amaze you. Be
prepared to look at the world in a completely different way.

Produced by Jaina Kalifa <http://www.jainakalifa.com/>   with the
support of TippingPoint Australia <http://tippingpointaustralia.com/> ,
Queensland Museum South Bank, Hands on Art
<http://www.handsonart.org.au/>  and Milton State School.

Sat 20 August - Sun 11 September, 9.30am - 5pm

Queensland Museum South Bank

Cnr Grey & Melbourne Streets, South Brisbane QLD 4101

Level 4.

FREE. Bookings essential for all Schools and Groups
<http://www.southbank.qm.qld.gov.au/Visit+Us/Schools+and+Groups/School+G
roup+Booking> .

Visit the Queensland Museum South Bank website for details
www.southbank.qm.qld.gov.au <http://www.southbank.qm.qld.gov.au/>

This event is supported by the Australian Government as part of National
Science Week.

Katherine Griffin
Learning Programs Officer

Equity Referral Officer

Queensland Museum
po box 3300 | south brisbane bc | queensland 4101 | australia
t 07 3842 9246 | f 07 3840 7607 | e katherine.griffin at qm.qld.gov.au
<mailto:katherine.griffin at qm.qld.gov.au>  | www.qm.qld.gov.au
<http://www.qm.qld.gov.au>

Become part of Queensland's DNA at www.qlddna.com.au
<http://www.qlddna.com.au/>

  <http://www.qlddna.com.au/>

******************* Disclaimer *******************
The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information.
They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message
or attachments is strictly prohibited.
The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.
Please note: the Queensland Museum carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and
attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable.
All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals as outlined in the QM Privacy Plan.
Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Museum Policies.
Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless as required by Museum Policy and/or State or Commonwealth Law.