[ASC-list] Geoscience Australia Open Day 2011- Sunday 21 August - Symonston, ACT [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kate.Lehane at ga.gov.au Kate.Lehane at ga.gov.au
Mon Aug 15 00:01:01 UTC 2011

Geoscience Australia will open its doors to the community as part of National Science Week<http://www.scienceweek.gov.au/Pages/index.aspx> when it holds its annual Open Day<http://www.ga.gov.au/education/public-events/open-day.html> on Sunday 21 August 2011 from 10am to 4pm. Come and find out in a fun and engaging way how we are Applying Geoscience to Australia's Most Important Challenges.

When: Sunday 21 August 2011, 10am- 4pm

Where: Geoscience Australia, corner Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive, Symonston ACT.

Activities: Explore science displays. Listen to talks from our researchers. Visit our rock dating instrument, the SHRIMP. Tour the Australian Tsunami Warning Centre and our Labs. Take a walk through geological time. Kids' activities all day long.

Talks: 10:30am - In between the cracks: The Groundwater Story; 11:30am - Shake, Rattle and Roll: Earthquakes, Tsunami and Volcanic Eruptions; 12.30pm - Hot Rocks, Cool Place: Antarctica

More information: http://www.ga.gov.au/education/

Contact: (02) 6249 9111 or education at ga.gov.au<mailto:education at ga.gov.au>