[ASC-list] JOB: Experienced science content editor needed

Wilson wfdasilva at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 06:58:41 UTC 2011

Re job below: please contact the company directly - I am passing on for a
friend.

Experienced science content editor
IntoScience is an internet based education company creating cutting edge
online science learning resources. We are looking for a passionate science
content editor to help us build education resources for K-12 students.

The position will also involve managing a team of teachers, as well as
checking and editing their work and providing feedback.

The ideal applicant will:

• have editing experience (preferably editing science content)
• be a strong writer
• have an eye for detail and have a mastery of grammar
• have a strong knowledge of science - an education in science would be
ideal
• have some experience in an educational environment (perhaps a former
teacher)
• be confident with the internet and using content management systems
(wordpress)
• have strong management experience
• be a team player who is willing to get their hands dirty and be flexible
(we're a small team)
• be enthusiastic and passionate about science communication

This position will be in our North Sydney office. The remuneration will be
competitive but will vary depending on experience. We would prefer a full
time position, but part time and contract positions will be considered for
the right applicant.

Applicants must be entitled to live and work in Australia.

To apply, go to http://is.gd/vZahol ( or search on seek.com.au)
Location: Sydney - North Shore & Northern Beaches
Classification: Advertising, Arts & Media - Editing & Publishing