[ASC-list] Speaker control

Phillip Arena P.Arena at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Feb 1 02:17:37 UTC 2011

One of the most effective methods of time management is when the 'convenor' of the session simply holds up his/her hand/fingers to indicate the time left. At a  well-organised conference, the speakers of each session briefly meet each convenor (or they simply know who it is once the convenor introduces the session). Speakers are then told that fingers are held up towards the end of each presentation to indicate how much time is left (usually 3 fingers for 3 mins and 1 finger for 1  min).

Regards

Phil