[ASC-list] Speaker control

Phillip Arena P.Arena at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Feb 1 02:38:39 UTC 2011

I agree, buzzing in the ear is distracting.

I'm presuming speakers know the length of their presentations ahead of time (I'm having a flashback to my first presentation back in 1989 at the First World Congress of Herpetology where I'd  had my presentation whittled to 11.5 mins!....oh, and they used the 3 coloured light system that time).

Speakers then are also reminded (eg. in the introduction to each session) that they will be notified (in some form) when they have say, 1 minute left.

Reminders will serve to more 'prepare' each speaker to potentially being cut off without turning to mush.

Phil