[ASC-list] Freelance rates continued

Angela Lush Angela at lushlogic.com.au
Wed Feb 2 23:23:57 UTC 2011

I agree with Jenni, once you factor in all the overheads of running a business - insurance, office space, equipment and super, workcover and so on if you employ -then the hourly rate to still make a profit rises significantly.

I think that this is what can make it difficult to grow (if you want to) from a sole freelance science communicator working from a home office to running a larger science communication business out of an office with staff .....  but that is perhaps another topic!

[Lush Logic_Logo]                                                      Dr Angela Lush
                                                      Ph: 0408 810 778

                                                      23 Little Sturt St. Adelaide SA 5000
                                                      e: angela at lushlogic.com.au
                                                      www.lushlogic.com.au