[ASC-list] Register now for planning science communication workshops in Sydney, Perth and Adelaide

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Mon Jan 10 04:00:36 UTC 2011

Plans all in place for your science communication this year?

Or are you wondering where to start, which people to aim at, and the
best methods to use with those people?

Get the year off to a flying start by registering for Econnect's NEW
workshop, Planning Science Communication.

This practical and lively one-day workshop will take participants
through a seven-step process of planning a communication campaign.  By
the end of the day, each participant will have an outline communication
plan for their project or organisation!

Good research deserves a good communication plan, and good communication
takes careful planning.

What do you want to say about the research and why do you want to say
it?  What is the best method of providing information to the people you
want to reach? How can they best communicate with you?

The first workshops will be in Sydney on Monday January 31, Perth on
Thursday February 3 and Adelaide on Thursday February 10 (other cities
will follow).

REGISTRATIONS CLOSE ONE WEEK BEFORE EACH WORKSHOP STARTS, SO REGISTER
NOW!

Designed for science communicators (and scientists!), the workshop
program includes case studies, discussion, presentations and planning
exercises.  It's a highly practical workshop.

"Very practical & useful - we'll be able to use the material presented
in our everyday project work. Very engaging and good level of active
participation."  Kelly Bryant, Qld Dept of Environment and Resources
Management

Cost per participant is $680+GST (total $748).

ASC Members receive a 10% discount. Group bookings of three or more from
the same organisation receive a 10% discount.

To register or get more information, contact Jenni Metcalfe -
jenni at econnect.com.au <mailto:jenni at econnect.com.au> ; 0408 551 866, 07
3846 7111

Also workshop outline and more details at:
http://www.econnect.com.au/ws_planning_comms.htm

For details on all our science communication skills workshops:
www.econnect.com.au/workshops <http://www.econnect.com.au/workshops>

Jenni Metcalfe

Director Econnect Communication

PO Box 734