[ASC-list] Job in Melbourne: Health & Medical Editor

Susannah Eliott SEliott at aussmc.org
Tue Jan 18 05:15:00 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Please don't reply to me on this - I'm only the messenger. Reply details
are below.

Cheers

Susannah

The Conversation seeks Health and Medicine Editor.

The Conversation is an independent source of information that aims to
connect the wider public with the latest research, analysis and opinion
from the university and research sector. The new website will launch
later this year.

We seek an experienced journalist/editor to head up coverage of Health
and Medicine for the new site. The full-time position is
Melbourne-based.

Section editors will be well informed, across their topic, and
responsible for commissioning, managing and maintaining the content for
the section.

 You will need to demonstrate the following:

*	Experience in journalism and/or editing.
*	Familiarity with Health Policy and Medical Research issues.
*	A strong network of contacts and familiarity with key experts
and publications in the field.
*	Strong organisation skills, ability to write to a daily
deadline, manage multiple tasks and work as part of a team.
*	Care and attention to detail.
*	Strong relationship-building skills.
*	A positive 'can-do' work attitude and high energy.
*	Ability to work autonomously as well as within in a small team.
*	Ideally, experience in online production.

If you have a passion for communicating ideas and are looking for a real
challenge, we would love to hear from you. You will work collegiately in
a team of experienced editors and journalists.

If you meet the above requirements, please apply in writing with a cover
letter and CV/bio to:

hr at theconversation.edu.au

Applications close Friday 28 January 2011