[ASC-list] Communicators and scientists wanting to communicate about their projects, organisation or science more effectively should register now for...

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Sun Jan 23 03:26:57 UTC 2011

Our Planning Science Communication workshops happening in Sydney, Perth
and Adelaide in next few weeks:

Sydney: Monday 31 January, Pitt St Sydney (registrations close COB
Tuesday 25 January)

Perth: Thursday 3 February - venue TBC (registrations close COB Friday
28 January)

Adelaide: Thursday 10 February - venue TBC (registrations close COB 4
February)

Get the year off to a flying start by registering for Econnect's NEW
workshop, Planning Science Communication.

This practical and lively one-day workshop will take participants
through a seven-step process of planning a communication campaign.  By
the end of the day, each participant will have an outline communication
plan for their project , campaign or organisation!

Good research deserves a good communication plan, and good communication
takes careful planning.

What do you want to say about the research and why do you want to say
it?  What is the best method of providing information to the people you
want to reach? How can they best communicate with you?

The first workshops will be in Sydney on Monday January 31, Perth on
Thursday February 3 and Adelaide on Thursday February 10 (other cities
will follow).

Designed for science communicators (and scientists!), the workshop
program includes case studies, discussion, presentations and planning
exercises.  It's a highly practical workshop.

"Very practical & useful - we'll be able to use the material presented
in our everyday project work. Very engaging and good level of active
participation."  Kelly Bryant, Qld Dept of Environment and Resources
Management

Cost per participant is $680+GST (total $748).

ASC Members receive a 10% discount.

Group bookings of three or more from the same organisation receive a 10%
discount.

To register or get more information, contact Jenni Metcalfe -
jenni at econnect.com.au <mailto:jenni at econnect.com.au> ; 0408 551 866, 07
3846 7111

Also workshop outline and more details at:
http://www.econnect.com.au/ws_planning_comms.htm

For details on all our science communication skills workshops:
www.econnect.com.au/workshops <http://www.econnect.com.au/workshops>

Jenni Metcalfe

Director Econnect Communication

PO Box 734