[ASC-list] Speaker control device

info at chriskp.com info at chriskp.com
Sun Jan 30 10:01:57 UTC 2011

Hi Toss

You might consider using (or modifying) one of those real-time digital audience feedback systems. You might even considering giving a handset to every audience member and setting the speaker cut-off point at a proportion/percentage of the audience. I believe there are a couple of companies which supply such systems - Keepad and IML come to mind.

It wouldn't be hard to direct the signal to the speakers podium, or the MC's/moderator's.

There are some venues that already have these systems fitted (I know RIAus does, because I'll using it when I perform 'Dante's Laboratory' there in March).

Cheers
Chris KP