[ASC-list] Speaker control

Jan Thomas jan.thomas at amsi.org.au
Mon Jan 31 10:11:34 UTC 2011

I have used a small bell and a big bell of the type the nuns used to use in the school I was at.

Small bell is preliminary warning eg 2 minutes to go - a nice polite tinkle. After that it's the big bell. In the modern world this may not be sexy but it sure as hell works!

Cheers

Jan

Jan Thomas

Executive Officer: Australian Mathematical  Sciences Institute & Australian Council of Heads of Mathematical Sciences
jan.thomas at amsi.org.au
61-3-8344 1774 (office)
041 900 6205 (mobile)
61-3-9349-4106 (Fax)

Australian Mathematical  Sciences Institute
www.amsi.org.au

AMSI - winner of the 2008 Fast Thinking and Open Universities National Innovation Award for Science Innovation
111 Barry Street
University of Melbourne
Victoria 3010 AUSTRALIA