[ASC-list] Curtin University - Science Outreach Coordinator role - short term contract - calling for expressions of interest ASAP

Emma Donnelly e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Thu Jul 14 02:04:39 UTC 2011

Curtin University¹s School of Science is seeking the expertise of science
communicator or education to fill a full-time position for a short-term
contract.

Mathematics, science, technology and engineering are all vital to our way of
life, our health, and our economy, and Curtin University is extremely proud
of its excellent record in research and education in these disciplines. To
show its commitment to these important areas, the University is making major
investments into the new Resources & Chemistry Precinct, a sustainability
institute and to the development of emerging sciences & ICT.

The activities in the School of Science span the disciplines of Chemistry,
Mathematics & Statistics, Medical Imaging, Applied Physics, Environmental
Biology and Agriculture and Science & Mathematics Education. The School
works closely with the other Science schools and Faculties at Curtin as well
as collaborations and partnerships with external organisations.

As a School, we are keen to share our passion for Mathematics and Science,
and the rich environment that we have created. We must promote the
importance of these disciplines and the huge variety of careers that are
available to those who gain qualifications in them, increase awareness of
Curtin University as a provider of high-quality relevant education and
research in these areas, and increase student awareness of and participation
in our courses. This position has a fundamental role in assisting us to
achieve these objectives.

Key elements of the position are coordination of the science outreach
program and the staff within it, development (of new and innovative
activities), event management and servicing of current partnerships (with
schools, students, scientists, organisations and users of science).

* This role would be available from end of July to the end of September 2011
with possibility of extension until mid-December 2011.

* To find out more about the science outreach program visit:
http://science.curtin.edu.au/outreach

* If you would like to submit and expression of interest please email your
resume and a cover note to Emma Donnelly via e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au by the
22 July 2011.

Emma Donnelly
Faculty Science and Engineering

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 1021
Fax | +61 8 9266 2021
Office | Building 311 Room 117

Email | e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Web | http://science.curtin.edu.au/outreach
Postal address | GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia, 6845

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)

This email, including any attached files, may contain confidential
information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the
recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies
of this message.