[ASC-list] NSW Stem Cell Network

Ben McKenzie ben at labcoatman.com.au
Tue Mar 1 04:08:15 UTC 2011

HI all,

Recently on the ASC group on LinkedIn (which I don't think is confined
to ASC members), a gentleman named Bernard Tuch sent a message that he
was looking to employ a new Manager of the NSW Stem Cell Network. In
case anyone was thinking of following up on this, I thought I should
mention that I know the previous incumbent in this position, who had a
terrible experience working there. The pay and conditions were both
terrible.

When I emailed her to confirm that this was the same job she had, she
advised me that "my last week at that place was the most unpleasant in
my working history". She also said it that the Stem Cell Network only
has in-principle funding until June, and that even this agreement is
not necessarily official.

Keep in mind, of course, that this is from my friend, not from me, but
I thought it wise to pass on what I'd heard so other members can go in
forewarned.

Regards,

--
Ben McKenzie