[ASC-list] Canberra event: Inspiring...well, what exactly?

Elizabeth.Yuncken at csiro.au Elizabeth.Yuncken at csiro.au
Sun Mar 6 22:57:16 UTC 2011

In early 2010 the Inspiring Australia report was launched by the Australian government as a blueprint for communicating science in Australia - what it means, why it's important and how it should proceed.

Since then, the report's recommendations have begun to be implemented through...um...

In each state and territory, Inspiring Australia project officer positions have been created to...er...

As people who communicate science ideas and information, we should be...um...

Join the Australian Science Communicators Canberra branch to find out just what exactly is going on, and how it can (and is) affecting our work - from a local calendar of science events for the public to strategic direction for our industry.

Speakers:

*                    Simon France, Science communication and strategic partnerships, Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research

*                    Marg McIver, Project Officer, ACT Science Initiative

Event details:
Thursday 31 March 2011, from 6.00 pm
CSIRO Discovery, Clunies Ross St, Acton
ASC members $5; non-members $10 including refreshments
Please RSVP for catering purposes: asccanberra at gmail.com

Liz Yuncken
ASC Canberra Committee
Our ASC profile<http://www.asc.asn.au/state-and-national/act/%20>
Join us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Australian-Science-Communicators-Canberra/223325102225?v=app_2309869772#%21/>
Join ASC: http://www.asc.asn.au/join/

Liz Yuncken
Managing Editor
CSIRO Education
Phone: +61 2 6276 6264 | Fax: +61 2 6276 6641
elizabeth.yuncken at csiro.au | www.csiro.au
Address: PO Box 225 Dickson ACT 2602

PLEASE NOTE