[ASC-list] Sydney - Job advertisement

Jesse Shore jesse at prismaticsciences.com
Tue Mar 8 06:39:10 UTC 2011

I'm posting this job advertisement on behalf of Daniella Goldberg. Please
contact her for enquiries.

Jesse

<http://www.goodcompany.com.au/Community-Groups/Community-Group-List/Childre
n-s-Cancer-Institute-Australia> Children's Cancer Institute Australia, Lowy
Cancer Research Centre, University of NSW

Job Description - part time

Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research (CCIA) is the
only independent medical research institute in Australia dedicated to
research into the causes, prevention, better treatments and ultimately a
cure for childhood cancer.  Based at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre at
UNSW, we have over 150 scientists working in a world-class facility
supported by a strong corporate team.

The PR and Communications team is looking for a young science communicator
who is keen to gain work experience and support a worthy cause to help
combat kids cancer.  We need a team player to assist with media campaigns,
website updating, photo/video library, proofreading of articles, press
releases, internal communication, and various other tasks. A high level of
English skills, accuracy and excellent verbal and written communication
skills required.

We are looking for an intern or volunteer who can offer flexible working
hours over 2-3 days per week at our University of NSW based Lowy Cancer
Research Centre offices. It would be a perfect fit for a science
communication student or professional who is interested in public relations
and marketing.

For Further Information Contact:
Daniella Goldberg PhD:  <mailto:dgoldberg at ccia.org.au>
dgoldberg at ccia.org.au.   <http://www.ccia.org.au> www.ccia.org.au

Cheers,
Jesse

Jesse Shore

President, Australian Science Communicators, 2011

 <http://www.asc.asn.au/> http://www.asc.asn.au/