[ASC-list] Just wondering if anyone is drawing attention to this real issue for medical research

Cathy Sage cathy at sagewords.com.au
Fri Mar 18 05:43:04 UTC 2011

Hi.   Apparently the Gillard government is contemplating huge cuts to medical research funding that includes the NHMRC and CRC programs at the next budget meeting in 2 weeks time... for the clever country, this is a huge worry, considering we are need a 2.5 fold increase in medical researchers to 2020 just to keep pace with similar OECD countries on health care. Can anyone advise the best way to draw attention to this issue in the next little while? Suggestions welcomed. Many thanks, Cathy Sage... PS some recent information about the issue is below.

Cathy Sage
Ph: (03) 9376 1413
Fax: (03) 9376 5585
Mob: 0400 714 603
email: cathy at sagewords.com.au
website: www.sagewords.com.au
Postal Address: PO   Box 1246,
Kensington, VIC 3031
St Address: 91   McCracken St., Kensington, VIC 3031

This message is meant only for the recipient named above. If you get this accidentally, don't copy it, forward it or act on information in it - please let me know immediately. Sagewords accepts no liability for message content sent by someone else who has views that are not stated as Sagewords views. So be nice, please!