[ASC-list] For ASC members attending Inspiring Australia conference - a chance to meet

Jesse Shore jesse at prismaticsciences.com
Wed Mar 23 06:19:50 UTC 2011

Several ASC members are giving presentations at the Inspiring Australia
conference and I'm sure that many more will be attending the event.

The IA conference offers a good opportunity for ASC members to get together
with me (and possibly other ASC officers) for a chat or lobbying session
about ASC related topics (such as the ASC conference) and broader issues.

In a pretty packed schedule perhaps the first and best opportunity to meet
is Monday lunchtime from 12.30 - 1.00 pm before start of the interactive
discussions. We could meet at the Registration desk.

Or we could have a short chat after the close of the Monday afternoon
plenary at 5.45pm, keeping in mind the dinner event starts at 7.00pm. Again
we could meet at the Registration desk. I'd suggest going for drinks but
there will be plenty of that at the dinner.

Lastly I'll be around after the close of the conference on Tuesday from 4.00
pm. Again the Registration desk would be the place to meet and then move to
somewhere nearby.

Let me know if you want to get together with other ASC members for a short
confab and your preferred time.

Cheers,
Jesse

Jesse Shore

President, Australian Science Communicators, 2011

 <http://www.asc.asn.au/> http://www.asc.asn.au/

Jesse Shore PhD
Science Communicator
http://www.prismaticsciences.com/picts/email_img.jpg